Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > International Business Talk > Export
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

I need help on my economics assignment!!! Don't understand some of the economic problems.?

Old 07-19-2009, 05:56 PM

Default I need help on my economics assignment!!! Don't understand some of the economic problems.?

I've been given an assignment that requires me to get ten articles on the economy and then write a 100 word summary on each of them explaining the significance of the article, the context, and comments on it?. The articles have got to include at least one of the following topics:* The US financial problems* China's situation regarding levels of imports and exports* The effect of China's economy on the Australian economy by way of prices for commodities* The employment effect in Australia of the Global Financial Crisis (GFC)* The forthcoming Federal Budget and the demands it faces* The economic stimulus package put in place by the government*The effect on trades such as retail sales, the hospitality industry or travel of the GFC. I just don't understand what is happening to the economy in relation to these questions.. and therefore don't know whether the articles im getting are relevant? could anybody explain them a bit better for me please? And even help me get some good articles for them?

Old 07-19-2009, 06:24 PM

Default I need help on my economics assignment!!! Don't understand some of the economic problems.?

*US financial problems - speaks for itself, basically what's happening with the recession (the problem started in the real-estate business, which spread to banks and loan institutions, then to the rest of the world)*China's situation regarding levels of imports and exports - China is a big producer of exports. What is their policy of imports and exports? Do they try to control imports and exports with laws, taxes, and other methods? If so, why?*The effect of China's economy on the Australian economy by way of prices for commodities - Commodities are products that are the same no matter who produces it.. foodstuff like milk, bread.. natural resources like metals. Apparently this suggests that China is pricing commodities in such a way that affects the Australian economy. How?*The employment effect in Australia of the Global Financial Crisis - What is the employment rate of Australia? How is the employment rate affected by the Crisis?*The forthcoming Federal Budget and the demands it faces - The Federal Budget is the distribution of money the Federal Government is spending on different subsidies. What is this distribution? Is the Federal Budget reasonable? Will it work? What problems could it face?*The economic stimulus package put in place by the government - Apparently Obama has proposed a Stimulus Plan that is supposed to help fix the Crisis. Will this work?*The effect on trades such as retail sales, the hospitality industry or travel of the GFC - How has the Crisis affected retail stores, hotels, and airplane companies?You don't really need to have extensive knowledge of what's currently going on with the economy in order to conduct research. Just go to wikipedia or sirs to get a general idea. For the research itself, find articles that talks about the topics given to you.