Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > International Business Talk > Export
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

Buying a car with the manufacture statement of origin?

Old 07-24-2009, 01:58 AM

Default Buying a car with the manufacture statement of origin?

Last time i asked the question about buying a NEW car without having the dealer to send the title to DMV, many people answered. However, I think I didn't make it clear enough so many people would think that I'm trying to avoid certain fees.What I really mean is that I want to buy a new car buying full cash up-front, can get a manufacturing statement of origin, so I can export the car to another country, without a title (someone corrected me it should be manufacturing statement of origin instead of a title), I would not be able to prove to the Custom the ownership of the vehicle. So anyone who specially works at a dealership can tell me how to do that. Thanks

Old 07-24-2009, 02:08 AM

Isn't it just a matter of convincing a dealer to hand it over? It's no longer clear from your question what problem you need to solve.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:18 AM

To get the MSO, the dealer has to fill it out to the buyer. (You), and in many states the dealer has to collect the sales tax on the vehicle when sold. I do not think it is legal to turn over the MSO to an individual or company for export, it can only go to another dealer of the same make. You would have t get the title to the vehicle in yours or the companies name first, then take it to customs or wherever to export it to another country. And you would have to pay taxes here in the states first. Money up front doesn't make a difference. You have to pay the sales tax on the vehicle before you can export it. And having a title shows you paid the sales tax.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:27 AM

Unless you have a dealer's license AND an automobile exporter's license, we can't let you take delivery of a car with just the MSO. There are laws to protect others in place. For example, how are you getting the vehicle off the lot? If you drive it on any public road, it's a crime because you have no registration/insurance. Also, the state wants to collect sales tax on the purchase, and that's done through registration. Get the proper licenses and you won't be asking this question. Good luck.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:49 PM

Buying a car is one of the biggest purchases you'll make in your life, but you would have this large shopping online? Is it safe to buy a car online? You don't need to really be difficult whenever you are out to buy a car. So you have to make investments. So you have to be relaxed, patient and positive. You need to be informed before you can effectively make a good car.