Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > International Business Talk > Export
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

Best way to ship electronics to Denmark?

Old 07-20-2009, 11:59 PM

Default Best way to ship electronics to Denmark?

i get shipped designer shoes and purses from the states. as long as its not a huge amount or coming from china they won't say anything. My friend always puts a birthday card in the package or says here is the rest of your things. They can't really do anything if its a gift or its personal....and with that small amount they won't question that or tax it. We have also shipped iphones.

I have a friend in Copenhagen and he has asked me to send him an iPod and iPhone. I'd like to oblige but am concerned about getting slapped with export duties on the Denmark side. Any advice?

Ship them separately, since the duty-free allowance is 1350 Dkr. per parcel. Go over that, and receiver will have to pay 25% of the parcel value--which includes the shipping costs on top of the contents--in order to spring it out of postal customs jail.Ipod prices have come down in Denmark since Christmas. For example, a 4gb nano goes for just over 1000 Dkr now, and that's close to the USA price (not sure where you're shipping from). However, Iphone at the US price of $400, ~2000 Dkr, would be an extraordinary bargain in Denmark.http://www.skat.dk/SKAT.aspx?oId=205098&vId=201572&i=1#i205098At the post office, when you fill out the customs declaration slip for the package you're sending, mark "gift" on it, but even that is no guarantee it won't be snagged for further inspection IF it is over the allowed amount. If you under-declare the value, then that amount is all you can claim if it gets lost in the mail.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:29 AM

I think the problem may be your memory the way, how much RAM you are using in any case if you have a large RAM then your computer probably has some viruses and also try to delete all your stuff in the trash.