Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > International Business Talk > Export
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

What are these strange dots that show up in my animated gifs?

Old 05-22-2008, 02:43 AM

Default What are these strange dots that show up in my animated gifs?

I don't know if this is the best place for a Photoshop-type question but here goes:

I have made several animated GIF's using Serif Photo Plus 6.0 and on almost every one, there are these weird snowy-looking dots that show up when I view it with Windows Picture and FAX Viewer or export as a GIF. When I view the image with Serif, there are no dots (in .Spp format)-- only after I export it as an animated GIF do the dots appear. The dots also show up if I send the exported file to a hosting site.

They've basically ruined lots of good otherwise good work. The dots ARE NOT on any of the original work, in the original format-- only when I try to save as a GIF or send that GIF to a host. What causes them and how can I get rid of them? I am working on a banner project and don't want this artifact on my work.

View an affected image here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v393/kepler/TrollValhallaflamingbanner.gif
Okay... today's lesson is about "dithering". I got rid of the dots, but I still can't seem to get rid of the frame-to-frame "flickering". Even with the least amount of compression possible, my GIF still has a significant amount of "flicker"-- look at the area at the very top of the flames, beneath the text to see what I mean.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v393/kepler/TrollValhallaflamingbanner-1.gif

On this image, it looks okay since it's a fiery theme. But how could I smooth it out if I didn't want to have it there? Again, this flicker is not there on the .Spp original format (Serif Photo Plus).

Old 05-06-2011, 04:44 AM

Gift animation is too easy - just set the background image to a grid, you specify the animated GIF, which is almost it. You are in the background of the animated film property and with this, you have a motion graphics in Digital picture frame.