Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > International Business Talk > Import
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

i am thinking of getting a dog imported from another country. would that be foolish?

Old 07-19-2009, 10:33 AM

Default i am thinking of getting a dog imported from another country. would that be foolish?

I'm going to vote for YES it's foolish. Unless you are planning on showing the dog, then there's no point. The plane ticket will cost you several thousands of dollars, plus the purchase price of the dog, plus needles and vaccinations, plus a vet check, plus a 60 day quarantine that you have to pay daily boarding fees for. You'd have to check the regulations for your area. I live in Canada and had a job offer in Barbados, when we looked into the cost of importing our dogs it was close to $10,000/dog and just not worth it, so we're still in Canada.Just look into any Spitz type dog, there are probably tons in your local shelter system or on petfinder that you could get for a lot less. Search 'Finnish Spitz' on petfinder, there's all kinds.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:33 AM

Default i am thinking of getting a dog imported from another country. would that be foolish?

123, I haven't had any problems with my thai bangkaew dog.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:25 AM

There are abounding rules and regulations about carriage your pet anywhere alfresco the UK. In this day and age it is accessible that we vacation with our admired pets about the world. Unfortunately, it is not simple as the airport, through community and jet off, accept some rules about pet transport.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:59 AM

one dogs accept a faculty of breadth they are not which country they are in. The dog accept to get acclimated to new breadth and ambience and no breach but u wish to get a dog alien if you can do so abundant acceptable for an beastly at the accommodating association and there are affluence of dogs that are beautiful abundant for you and you would be giving a dog in charge a nice home. I accept 6 dogs that i accept adored from the streets and all are so beautiful and so able-bodied behaved try that first.
Old 07-14-2017, 03:08 PM

Probably challenging to transfer. Hence why none are here.I question the dog would proper care or know where he is. It's not like he can see a map or even knows anything about location. It'd be just like shifting anywhere else. Your dog would know it's somewhere new, but other than that, it probably would not proper care.