Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > International Business Talk > Import
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

Importing Pet Dog to Atlanta, GA?

Old 07-19-2009, 09:56 AM

Default Importing Pet Dog to Atlanta, GA?

According to the CDC, the United States does not require a "certificate of general health" to import your pet dog. The US only requires a rabies vaccination not less than 30 days before your arrival. Now, the kicker is that the CDC website says this"A general certificate of health is not required by CDC for entry of pet dogs into the United States, although some airlines or states may require them"Delta does not require them, but for the life of me I can not find any info on if the state of Georgia requires a "general certificate of health". I don't want to pay for something I don't need. Does anybody have any experience with this? Thanks for any help.**edit1) By definition "importing" means bringing in from outside the United States.2)This quote is taken from Delta's website"While Delta does not require a health certificate for carried-on or checked pets..."http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations/special_travel_needs/pet_travel_information/pet_requirements_restrictions/index.jsp#health

When you say "importing"...are you coming in from outside of the U.S. or just another state?Add: I found this...hope it helps.http://www.aphis.usda.gov/import_export/animals/animal_import/downloads/ga.htmlScroll down...it is under Sheep and Goats.

http://agr.georgia.gov/00/channel_title/0,2094,38902732_79082935,00.htmlThe state's site refer's you back to the CDC, so I would just adhere to what the CDC lists, if in doubt- call the number for Dr. Webb near the top of the screen in the link.

I don`t have experience flying pups or dogs out of the country but have flown many pups and dogs in the US.I can tell you that the airlines all require health certificates to accompany the dog, heck they even demand that they are put on the crate it travels in.Now unless they have changed these rules over the last year I don`t know but I know that this is the way it was a year ago.Bottom line I wouldn`t mess around just get one, at least here it`s fairly cheap and will also make the dog/pups owner feel more secure.Good luck and God bless
Old 03-24-2012, 04:01 AM

The names of animals, is an important part of their lives. It remained with them when they are a young adult animals. Like a person's name, pets need a good name. The difference is that the child, the name should not make things difficult for the children. The pet's name should not embarrass the employer.