Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > International Business Talk > Import
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

i am thinking of getting a dog imported from another country. would that be foolish?

Old 07-19-2009, 10:33 AM

Default i am thinking of getting a dog imported from another country. would that be foolish?

I want to get a dog whose breed is "thai bangkaew" .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_Bangkaew_Dog Thai bangkaew dog is very hard to find in US. it is almost impossible. i have looked at their images on internet and the dog looks very cute.If i import it from Thailand, would that be an easy process? Also if the dog is shipped here, would he understand that he is no longer in Thailand when he gets out of airport or would he still think he is in Thailand?

Default i am thinking of getting a dog imported from another country. would that be foolish?

could be because you could get scammed, happened to my step dad's parents.

Importing a dog will require some paperwork, fees, and a quarantine. Not to mention the cost of shipping the dog and not seeing the dog before you pay for all of this.I do not know where you live but you might be able to find a local breeder of that kind of dog. You could at the very least find a dog you like that is from your area. Millions of dogs are put down(killed) every year because of no owner, careless owners, etc.The dog does not know he is in Thailand and once given a chance to get accustomed to his surroundings it would never know the difference. But please consider finding a dog in your area or even at the animal control pound you would be saving its life. Peace, Love and Joy,Ron

Yeah, I would not recommend doing that. You don't know if it could be a scam. It would also be very stressful for the dog to be shipped. If you really want one, you could go to Thailand and get one. But it's not like there isn't plenty of adorable dogs in this country! =] Those are really cute, but I am sure you could find one that looked close to that in the U.S. They almost look like fluffy Akitas. Good Luck.

Why have a dog shipped in from another country when there are SSOOOOOO many animls here in the US that need homes..... I would go to your local pound and find out what dogs are up for adoption and find one that you bond with.