Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > Made in China Discussion > China Knowledge
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

What are some China networking tips and strategies for a college student?

Old 06-11-2008, 05:49 PM

Default What are some China networking tips and strategies for a college student?

Next month I will be traveling to Guangzhou, China to take Chinese (Mandarin) lessons. I'll be staying there for about 5 weeks and I wanted to know what strategies I can use to network with businessmen and businesswomen while I am there. I am not sure how their culture functions. Also what places are good to network. Any other tips will also be great. Please feel free to get detailed and provide more information you think might be helpful like if you've traveled yourself. By the way, I am a Senior studying Supply Chain Management (business). Thanks in advance!

P.S.: I know it's a duplicate question but I just wanted to get maximum exposure.

Old 06-11-2008, 06:17 PM

Default What are some China networking tips and strategies for a college student?

the best time to start networking is when you have good command of chinese language, they will respond to you better when they u start speaking mandarin. Yes, they speak English as well, specially those in big business but they prefer to conduct their business in their language. To start , you should find out the biggest companies that you are interested in, make a list and find time to actually visit them, or if they have websites try contacting them and set an appointment. Give them the approximate time that you need, have all your questions ready, and be ready to tell them about yourself too, where u came from and what your goals are for that specific encounter. If you do that to 100 companies and 5 of them said yes to seeing you, you are on your way to your business networking. Before you leave their office get names of other companies they deal with. Hope this helps.