Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > International Business Talk > Export > Minerals, Metals & Materials
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

Is Australia a developed country? I dont think so?

Old 07-17-2009, 06:06 AM

Default Is Australia a developed country? I dont think so?

I have few points to justify my statement. Can you please let me knoe if I am wrong1) It does not have any one millionaries in the forbes list like Lakshmi mittal, Ambani, Billgates2) No capability to build nuclear weapons inspite of rich deposits of nuclear raw materials.3) No ability to build a satellite launching vehicle on it own.4) Economy is kept afloat only by the tourism and the raw materials and minerals export. Not much in the manufacturing and high tech sector. So cannot be considered as industrially developed country. What is the fate if they run out of minerals one day?5) No world-wide renowned brands like Ford, IBM, Toyota etc..6) Dependence on USA and Britain for taking any political decisions. Lack of independent thinkingBy the way I live in India and I see India has good culture, history, industrialization than AustraliaThough they have beautiful cities, India surpasses them in GDP.I dont understand why it is called a first world country

Old 07-17-2009, 06:11 AM

oh shut up.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:17 AM

jeez, how much research did you do to come up with that stupid, pointless quesiton. or did you know all that jibberish already?
Old 07-17-2009, 06:23 AM

Your designation of a "developed country" is not based on anything in the literature. It is only your opinion. It's a small country and doesn't have billionaires because the income is more evenly distributed (unlike India). How do you get that there is not much manufacturing and high tech? Been there lately?Please go back to the drawing board and reconsider your *opinion.* It's wrong.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:29 AM

Is India in a contest with Australia? If so you win, you can out reproduce the Aussies.Yes Australia is a developed nation by all accounts that go into that definition.