Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > Business Forum > Business Forum > Health & Beauty
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

Has anyone ever worked as a beauty advisor at Macys or anywhere else?

Old 03-23-2009, 06:19 AM

Default Has anyone ever worked as a beauty advisor at Macys or anywhere else?

I need a job and although I do my makeup quite well, I know nothing about the makeup and skin care to advise the public. I am in need of a job and was gonna apply at Macys as a beauty advisor/retail cosmetic sales.. How was the position if you ever worked there? Do I have to know about the makeup products in depth to get that position or would the company teach me? do I have to be certified in cosmetics and skin care?? Has anyone ever worked there and not knew anything about makeup? lol.. Ive never applied makeup on someone before only but myself.. I am excellent at doing hair, but never have I done someones makeup.Thanx!

Old 03-27-2009, 05:49 PM

Default Has anyone ever worked as a beauty advisor at Macys or anywhere else?

I worked at counters for years, it use to be hard to get jobs in cosmetics but it easier now, yes they like you to have some background, but you can say you worked as a model. The hours are long and hard, and vary, and you have to work weekends. Macys was not my favorite place to work but you can probably get on board easier but I like Nordstroms as a company. There are many different lines, research the companies and find which one you would like to work for and call the counter and ask if you can speak to the counter manager for the line you want to work for. Take some pictures of your work so you have to show. You can also try and see if they may hire you to freelance. Once you get hired all lines have basic training and trainings throughout the year. Good Luck.