Made In China Talk  

Go Back   Made In China Talk > General Topics > International Business News
Directory Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read 中文

Fashion's new business plans

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2009, 07:24 PM

Default Fashion's new business plans

Alexander McQueen opened his fashion show in Paris this week using giant remote controlled cameras overlooking the runway.

It was similar to one of his most iconic shows - man versus machine.

And also, symbolic of the current state of fashion, with the industry beginning to be taken over by technology.

Nearly as soon as this show was finished, the designs were beamed to millions of people around the world on their I-Phones.

It takes approximately 15 minutes for images to go from catwalk to consumer.

The speed of technology by social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook are increasing demand for fashion.

High street stores like Zara, Topshop and H&M are also pushing some luxury goods designers to their limit.

One who knows first hand how it affects the industry is Roland Mouret.

His iconic "Galaxy" dress has been seen on nearly every Hollywood body from Scarlett Johannson, Cameron Diaz and Penelope Cruz.

But now he's hoping to beat the high street retailers at their own game.

Instead of waiting nearly six months for the clothes to go from runway to the stores, Mouret is planning to take orders at his show and delivery within a few weeks.

Fashion Designer Roland Mouret, says:

"My way to work now is to really visualise how my clothes has to arrive to the customer. And to me the best luxury is that they should arrive straight away, at the same time as the information is there."

Fashion blogger Scott Schuman, better known as "The Sartorialist", denies fashion is speeding up.

Fashion Blogger "The Sartorialist" Scott Schuman, says:

"It speeds up if you let it speed up, if you let that affect you."

Schuman added that the one positive outcome about the financial crisis is quality of clothes, giving consumers more for their money.